We are constantly developing new and engaging courses covering a wide range of intercultural topics.
We offer dynamic interactive course with group discussion, exercises,reflection and pledges for the future:
- educational institutions (schools, further education, higher education)
- grassroots organisations
- goverment and local authority
An example of the aims for a workshop on social inequality and diversity in the community:
- To create a safe space for people to be able to share their thoughts, experiences and ideas without worrying too much about saying the right things or being seen as nonpolitically correct.
- Encourage participants to reflect on their own unconscious bias and discuss ways of reducing it such as widening and diversifying your network and where you get your ‘news’ and information from.
- To reflect on community development practices.
- To address issues of social inequality and diversity within Communities
- Look at collection of data and what to do with it.
- Encourage attendees to think about where they get there information about minorities (migrants, Muslims, asylum seekers etc...) and to question them.
- Reflect on their use of language.
We offer 2 hour, 4 hour or 2 x 4 hour split session practical training courses.
Our training packages are divided into modular interactive theme units. We can combine units to suit the needs of your organisation. The package includes consultancy and focus group sessions to identify your organisational needs and course content requirements. Our intercultural awareness introductory 1 day course provides an introduction to all requested units.
- Define othering
- Historical context
- Reducing othering
- Positive future actions
How it manifests in contemporary:
Course title: Unconscious bias
Tagline: We all have unconscious bias.
- Ideas and Definitions.
- How it manifests.
- Unconscious bias effects on:
- How to reduce it
- Future positive actions.
- Further reading.
course duration options:
- 2 hour introduction
- 1 x 4 hour sessions
- 2 x 4 hour sessions
Introduction and definitions
Future positive actions
Positive future actions